TheSoul Publishing is one of the world’s most popular online media companies. We produce entertaining, positive and original content — including videos, articles, animation, and music — for our 1,5 billion followers on social media channels, such as 5-Minute Crafts, Bright Side and 123 GO!. Behind the scenes, there is our team of 2,000+ creative minds working remotely from 70 countries and in 5 offices. Join us and take a leap into the world of creativity!
Our IT team plays a key role in the company's structure as they develop tools that make our employees' work more comfortable and help our creative teams in their production processes. We have developed dozens of internal tools and work with complex business logic and high-load systems. We utilize a modern technology stack and prioritize the quality of our development.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our IT Platform and Integration team and work closely with the R&D Department to help translate their ideas, which drive our business into reality.
If you have experience in working with complicated engineering projects with high levels of uncertainty, we would be delighted to get to know you better!
- As a part of R&D projects, you will research technologies to find solutions addressing business requirements and develop prototypes (web apps, mobile apps, integration/automation solutions) for checking business hypothesis;
- As a part of Platform and Integration projects, you will maintain and develop our company’s Platform and Core Services, build internal automations and integrations with 3rd party systems.
What we use in our work: Golang, PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, gRPC, k8s, Git, Gitlab CI/CD
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing modern web projects;
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Golang (preferable), PHP, Python (nice to have). Ability to quickly learn and start using another language;
- Practice with various types of DB’s and understanding the differences;
- Experience with message brokers and their usage in SOA;
- Understanding the principles of SOA and microservices architecture;
- Knowledge of Git, Docker, Linux Console basics;
- Have experience working in an Agile environment with a high level of uncertainty and flexibility;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, ability to explain complex things, using simple words;
- Ability to communicate in English effectively.
Will be an advantage:
- Experience with cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, etc);
- Knowledge of k8s and practice of delivering your apps to it;
- Experience with building and using CI/CD (GitLab, Jenkins, etc.).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (to be discussed individually) with performance-based bonuses.
- Full-time remote work: the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world.
- Growth, development, and learning opportunities: access to 800+ training programs and materials in our internal academy, individual educational courses, transparent knowledge sharing within the company, consistent feedback from managers, and no limits to launching new initiatives.
- An experienced technical team, talented colleagues, and a creative atmosphere.
- A tech-savvy approach and well-structured processes: minimal bureaucracy, an ecosystem that fosters new ideas, transparent task management, and asynchronous communication (reducing meetings and promoting thoughtful written communication).